Friday, June 27, 2008
Maria Sharapova - For losing in the second round of Wimbeldon to a player ranked 154th in the world and then for being insulted by the player after she lost. After beating Sharapova, Alla Kudryavtseva said, "I don't like her outfit. It's a little too much of everything. ... It was one of the motivations to beat her." HAAAA!
Keyshia Cole, Her Mama and Her Sister - For Coles' craptastic BET Awards performance, her mother's general demeanor, and her sister's ill-fitting dress.
Don Imus - See previous post.
Kanye West - For his rant against the Bonnaroo folks. He's the king alright--the king of hyperbole. He said, "This Bonnaroo thing is the worst insult I've ever had in my life. This is the most offended I've ever been ... this is the maddest I ever will be." Geez, didn't he say the same thing about the MTV video awards last year when they had him performing in the suites instead of on the main stage. I mean, "Stronger" was made for stadiums people. STADIUMS!!!!!!
Rick Ross's belly - No explanation needed.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
- Highlight - Al Green's performance and the audience enjoying Al Green. It looked like a real party and that was one moment I really wanted to be there and sing, "Why do people break up, turn around and make up? I just can't seeeee."
- Lowlight - Rick Ross's belly. Any euphoria that I had from seeing a fit and still sexy LL evaporated on seeing Ross's dancing tattooed belly through his open velour jacket.
- Highlight - A Keys bringing out SWV, En Vogue and TLC. Even some of the missed notes didn't tamp down my excitement.
- Lowlight - Keyshia Cole's performance and her sister's boobs about to pop out of her dress--leftie was making a real run for the border.
- Highlight - Marvin Sapp's performance.
- Lowlight - D.L. Hughley calling him "Warren" Sapp. HAAAAAAAAAAAA!
- Highlight - The rain special effects during Chris Brown's performance and the plastered smile on Rihanna's face while Ciara was puttin' it on her man.
- Lowlight - Seeing lil' Chrissy Brown's pelvic thrusts on the floor. He's trying so hard to be a man.
- Highlight - Usher's choreography
- Lowlight - Usher. I don't know, he just was not as hot looking as he used to be and there was something tired about him.
- Highlight - Niecy Nash's adopting white children bit.
Why was Lisa Lisa there? Head to Toe was 20 years ago!
Why would anybody give Diddy vodka and a microphone? He was running all around the after party!
Why must Kanye insert how great he is into everything? Even when he was complimenting T-Pain, he said, he was one of the kings of the game and his opinion matters. Isn't he like a child standing on a chair saying, "I'm a big boy. I demand you to listen to me. Tell me how great I am. Please....."?
Didn't Tyrese look underwhelmed by T-Pain when the camera cut to him during the performance?
T-Pain and a circus makes perfect sense doesn't it?
Didn't Ludacris look fresh and clean when he came through for "I'm so hood"?
Why is Cuba Gooding, Jr. so corny?
Don't all musical tributes on BET pale in comparison to when Yolanda Adams, Prince, Stevie Wonder and India Arie did a tribute to Chaka Khan?