RANDOM QUESTION OF THE DAY

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What changes have you made in light of the recession?

I don't think there is anyone out here who isn't affected in some way by this recession. So, I'm looking for helpful "tips" for surviving in these difficult financial times. I know for one, I'm learning to budget more wisely and to ask whether I need to buy an item or simply "want" it. The biggest change I've made is I am not as wasteful with my wardrobe and therefore I actually WEAR what is in my closet!!! Pre-recession, I used any and every excuse to purchase a new outfit. Now, I actually go into my closet and find cute things to wear for different occasions.
I'm also buying (gulp) non-brand products where possible. I was in Target the other day and saved a rack of money by buying the Target brand of items such as trash bags, paper towels, liquid soap, etc.

How about you?

2 comments:

Tee aka The Diva's Thoughts said...

This is a good question. I have to think about this a minute. I don't think I have actually changed much. I suppose I need to though. Let me think about this a minute.

AthenaBee said...

I don't use Christian Dior cosmetics and skincare anymore.

I also decided to try to buy only made in USA stuff at the grocery store, and managed to do so buying only store brand items :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...