Anne Hathaway apologizes for Oscars dress: Prada over Valentino

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Getty Images
 
Anne Hathaway was nothing short of chic on the 2013 Oscars red carpet in her pale pink Prada gown, but that was not her first choice.  E!’s “Fashion Police” hosts had hinted on air during the pre-red carpet discussions that the best supporting actress winner would wear a Valentino dress to the show.   Now, the star has issued an apology to the house of Valentino, who also thought she was going to be showcasing one of their masterpieces, according to a  Feb. 26 Women’s Wear Daily report (WWD).
Everyone watching the E!’s red carpet show saw Hathaway tell host Ryan Seacrest that she didn’t choose the Prada dress until a few hours before appearing on the red carpet, leaving many to speculate about her reasons for dumping her Valentino dress.  “I didn’t know what I was wearing until two hours ago. I tried on a lot of dresses, but at the end of the day, I loved the simplicity of it,” Hathaway said on the red carpet.
According to WWD, Valentino, thinking that Hathaway’s Valentino design was her final choice, sent out a press release ahead of the event, notifying relevant press that Hathaway would be rocking Valentino.
On Tuesday, Hathaway released a statement through her publicist Stephen Huvane, addressing the dress controversy. 
“It came to my attention late Saturday night that there would be a dress worn to the Oscars that is remarkably similar to the Valentino I had intended to wear, and so I decided it was best for all involved to change my plans. Though I love the dress I did wear, it was a difficult last-minute decision as I had so looked forward to wearing Valentino in honor of the deep and meaningful relationship I have enjoyed with the house and with Valentino himself. I deeply regret any disappointment caused.”
The only other Valentino gown on the red carpet at the event was Jennifer Aniston’s strapless red stunner. 
Us Weekly has a different take.  A source tells the magazine that Hathaway changed her mind on the Valentino design because she thought that her Les Miserables costar Amanda Seyfried’s Alexander McQueen Oscar dress was similar to the Valentino design.  According to the same source, Hathaway asked Seyfried what she would be wearing on the red carpet.  “What are you wearing? Can you send me a picture of it?” After Seyfried sent the photo, Hathaway changed her mind and went with Prada.


6 comments:

Journolondon said...

Hi, you have been nominated for the Liebster Award. For details visit http://culturecocktails.blogspot.co.uk/

Gila Joanna said...

Love your header!

Anonymous said...

Hello we are two bloggers Spanish women and we would like that you were visiting our blog and were giving your sincere opinion thank you.
cuandoandreaencontroamari.blogspot.com.es

Debbie D. Atencio said...

Anne Hathaway is sexy wearing that occasion dresses long. She is right in choosing that dress. Perfect for her sexy body!

Susan said...

Thanks for sharing nice information with us. I like your post and all you share with us is up to date and quite informative, I would like to bookmark the page so I can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job.
pictame

elvina roy said...

wow its so nice blog keep it up About Vickie Lynn Swayze

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...