RANT OF THE DAY: SOMEHOW, "SORRY" JUST DOESN'T CUT IT

Tuesday, March 11, 2008


Ok, so once again some dumb man has fallen prey to an extramarital affair. At 31, I have concluded that 99.9% of men cheat at some time in their lives (the .1% are very poor and unattractive and just don't have the opportunity). BUT why do they have to be so stupid? AND, why only after they are caught do they express remorse? This is why men and women are so different. If a woman cheats, her likely motive is because her significant other is treating her badly (either emotionally/physically). NOT, because the nanny looks hot. If a woman cheats she's going to find a man either on the same level as the one she has (financially/attractiveness) OR someone BETTER (Idris Elba). NOT, some prostitute (Governor Spitzer) or project mama with 5 kids. And, finally, if a woman cheats she's probably a regular person and not the FRIGGIN' governor of a huge state like New York!!


And, although I do not know this from personal experience, I hope that women who cheat can come up with something more profound than "sorry" after they're caught. Sorry is very lame and appropriate only in limited circumstances. For instance, my mother called and you forgot to tell me; you ate my slice of cheesecake; you stepped on my foot--ALL MISTAKES. It is, however, inappropriate for such a purposeful act such as sleeping with someone else, ruining my life and embarrassing me in front of millions of people. Who knows what Spitzer said to his wife behind closed doors. BUT, in front of those cameras, he lamely said "sorry" and that he apologized for embarrassing his family. In my opinion, somehow, that's just not good enough.

And from my experiences with men, I seriously doubt that he would accept such a "lame" apology from his wife. Source

10 comments:

TravelDiva said...

LMBAO on "At 31, I have concluded that 99.9% of men cheat at some time in their lives (the .1% are very poor and unattractive and just don't have the opportunity)."

STOP!

I agree. And I felt sooooo sorry for his wife standing there. She just looked demoralized, humiliated and hurt. Sorry my *ss. Why don't men think about more than sexual gratification and ego when they're trying to be slick. Was sexing a hooker worth you wife, the respect of his daughters and his career?

TravelDiva said...

Plus, cheating doesn't just effect the couple, it effects the children too. I wish men would think about that before they follow their libido.

12kyle said...

As a man, I will say that "99.9% of men" have cheated stat is a bit exaggerated...but funny nonetheless. The governor forgot the golden rule...if you're gonna cheat, then you "cheat up". You're the governor of NY. You don't need a prostitute. Go get a movie star or a singer. LOL.

Anonymous said...

It is always the law and order types that are the most hypocritical. Your diatribe on the subject, however, clearly exposes your misandry. Statistics, while inaccurate because of the nature of the subject place male infidelity anywhere from 24 to 60% and female infidelity from 12 to 45%. The trend is that females are catching males as they climb economic and social ladders previously unavailable. You ignore simple biology at your peril. A man, given the opportunity, could realistically father 365 or more children in a year. A woman could only have one child in that same time span. Sexual incompatability plays a huge role in adultery. Marriage is also a concept developed through property rights when women were considered nothing more than chattel and people died at a much younger age. Is it possible, after all that, that Ms. Spitzer, for whatever reason, was no longer satisfying Mr. Spitzer? While what he did was wrong and hypocritical, the withholding of sex by a partner is constructive abandonment and legally a justification for divorce. Yes, he should have divorced her first, but, ironically, he probably considered that political suicide. Se la vie. Keeping a man at home is simple. Never give him a reason to stray. If he no longer turns you on, either help him to do so again, or if he is unwilling, jettison him. Remember, men need sex more than women. You may scoff, but as illustrated above, it is biologically sound. There is no need to go out, ever, if there is a hot, spicy meal at home every night.

Demon Hunter said...

I don't agree that that many men cheat. A LOT of them do, mind you, but when I've seen guys really in love with THE ONE, they don't cheat, at least it's true for my brother and cousins, who tell me everything, whether I want to know it or not. :*) I think communication is key, and if a man does cheat, he will ALWAYS be found out!

PCD (Pretty Circle Drawer) said...

this is so sad! i am tired of men taking advantage of their families and power for their own selfish and disgusting reasons. spitzer is a disgrace...no wonder hilldog was gonna place him in her cabinet if she were to make it to the white house....selfish is what selfish does

Grown Woman said...

btw, i was exaggerating with the stats BUT I still say that most men have cheated--not necessarily with the woman they are currently with--I said "at some time in their lives".

PCD (Pretty Circle Drawer) said...

um, knock knock! i'm going to need someone to post soon...GET TO IT! (seriously, i hope everything is ok...)

TravelDiva said...

LOL! Sorry PCD. I had a big seminar to do last week so I'm just getting to it. LOL!

Grown Woman said...

LMBPAO--yeah, they are making us earn our keep

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...