Designer Profile - Miatta-MiMi. Shop Boutique Mix

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

In September 2004, I took a long vacation to Capetown, South Africa, where Miatta-MiMi and Boutique Mix were born!!!!! As I lay on the beach sipping cocktails and designing my first bracelet, I realized “this is what I should be doing.” I spent most of my vacation making jewelry, gift-baskets, shopping for unique items and writing up my business plan - drawing from years of hoping, dreaming and following fashion. I am a huge fan of all things hand-made, and Boutique Mix carries both hand-made and non-handmade unique items from around the world.

I am blessed with the good fortune of combining my great love of travel with my passion for fashion. Each time I travel I personally select items for Boutique Mix that showcase the culture, creativity and style of local and international designers around the world. I make my own jewelry under the Miatta-MiMi label. Each Miatta-MiMi design piece has its own unique story, and is made from beads and other accessories hand-picked during my travels. My fashion style can be described at best as bold, funky, colorful and sassy. Miatta-MiMi reflects that bold, sassy, funky, eclectic and fabulous look that screams "I am ME"!!! Shop Miatta-MiMi at Boutique Mix.



Shop Miatta-MiMi at Boutique Mix.

11 comments:

K said...

i love your jewelry!!! :) thank you for commenting!!!

style.street said...

this jewellery is beautiful
-jenna

PCD (Pretty Circle Drawer) said...

i looooooooooooooooove bracelets! i'd rock all of them!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you Mimi. But where do you find the time? Seriously. Do you have extra hours in the day that we mortals don't have? I love my necklace.

NLock said...

Wow. I really like your jewelry. You are doing EXACTLY what I dream of doing! Great job! I'm totally jealous. =)

Tori C said...

I LOVE the jewlery!!! I am curious as to what types of claps you use? I have a co-worker who purchased a necklace like the second on down in the photos, for about 75 bucks!! And within two weeks or maybe 3 wearings, the clasp broke!She had a fit cause it was no way to get it repaired!! It was like one of magnets clasps...i will see if I can find a pic or get the correct name of it...
How much are you asking for your necklaces? Can you design one entirely in black?
Tori

Bunmmy said...

i would luv to know d story behind some of these beautiful piece.

Alice S. said...

I love all of it!!

Hair Azara said...

Your taste is amazing I love it!!! wow, exquiste!!!...I def. need to stop by.

e. jay said...

Wow, you must have a well of inspiration! Great jewelry

Unknown said...

fabulous ... just fabulous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...